Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I got the ears, now for the voice

Hi all,

Now that my ears have been pronounced 100% healthy, we've decided to put them to use and get to work on my speaking. To that end, mom took me to see a spech therapist today to talk about what we might need to do. Oh Boy.

Everything was fine when she picked me up from school. I was in my adaptive PE class, running around in circles with my classmates and stamping my feet when asked. I got a stamp on my hand at the end, and then mom and I headed to the car. I know the building well where the ST has her office, so I went and sat in my favorite seat. And then laid down on the ground because I was tired.

When the ST called us in, I went in nice to her office, and after a few minutes I asked mom for something to eat. Just so they know I CAN speak. Mom gave me a granola bar, and when I finished I laid on the floor again, and may have tapped my feet once or twice against the ST's door. Or a few times, I forget. Oh, and I may have knocked over a chair. Twice. But I did pick it back up again. Once.

The kicker was when I pulled some books off the ST's shelf, and when mom gave me THAT look and asked me to pick them up and put them back, well I leaned over and started to do it. Then I lost the granola bar. All over the books. Mom's eyes bugged out of her head, a look that I know a little too well. We got out of there in a hurry, though mom says she did get some good tips for how to help me speak before we left.

Oh, and we counted: I now have 17 words that I can say. Sorry is not one of them. Yet.

That's all for now. Tomorrow is music therapy . He he he!
Love, Adam

p.s. My good buddy Andy D. just became a doctor today. Way to go Andy!! Good boy, as mom would say! :)

1 comment:

Andy said...

Thanks Adam, good boy yourself on getting your words out!

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!