Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hear, hear!!

Well, we've had some good news this week: I passed my hearing test without hearing aids. The REAL test, with big people doing it and all. No bone conductors, no computers, just my own ears.

I responded at the normal levels--which for those of you who don't do this every 3 months of your life, is 20-25 decibels--for three out of the four frequencies that are most concerned with speech. That is really what they worry about, so they don't even test the highest ones. The only reason I did not pass the fourth is that I lost interest. Hey, this is not new to me--the noise comes on, I look, the penguin dances...I've seen it and done it all before.

Always before I would "pass" at between 60-70 decibels, which meant that the noise had to be rocking the walls before I would turn. You should have SEEN Mom nearly fall out of her seat when I turned all nonchalant-like to the softest noise of all. It was classic. Her jaw nearly hit the floor! You know, I do like to actually make her happy once in a while! :)

Well, that's it. The warm weather might have helped my ears clear up good and nice for the test. Unfortunately, mom says it's going to rain for four days starting tomorrow. Oh well.

Love, Adam xx

1 comment:

Siân said...

Uncle Andy passed a test today too! Congrats Adam - well done!

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!