Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Friday, February 27, 2009

The Specials at work










I got a ribbon today. It's green, and has some gold letters on the front that say:
PARTICIPANT
Special Olympics
SKILL, COURAGE, SHARING, JOY
I'm real proud of this ribbon, and so are mom and dad. I got it from taking part in the Special Olympics basketball tournament for Durham county. Well, to be honest, I really earned the "participant" status because our class mainly watched and cheered. Then we went down to the small gym and had our skills session with students from Riverside High school, which is where the tournament took place. Then we had hot dogs and chips. It was a fun day.





Mom and brother and Miss Amy and Willem were there to watch and cheer too. Mom was embarrassing--she took lots of pictures and talked to all my teachers. I'll post them since she went to all that work, even though she didn't get any action shots like I wanted. There is a good one of brother giving me a congratulations hug. He can be sweet sometimes, I guess.
Mom was so happy to see me greet all my old friends from Hillandale again. She also enjoyed watching me be real good and sit for a long time. She said I earned a medal just watching and being a good boy for my teachers for half an hour. She said that's a long time for a little boy. I agree.
Well, it's off to bed. This little basketball star is pooped. Or was that, has pooped. Uh oh.
Love, Adam xx

3 comments:

Amy, Andy and Ainsley Odle said...

Great job Adam! We're proud of you too. Love you.

Siân said...

Good for you Adam!

Vickie J said...

Wow!! Way to go, Adam. Oma and Opa are SOOOOOO proud of you!

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!