Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Do you ear what I ear?

Hi folks,

Been a while, I know. Brother had his birthday last week, but was sick with 'ammonia' (I know, it's pneumonia, but try telling that to a new 3 year old!). Anyway, he was so sick that mom was preoccupied a bit, and we lost track of the week with all the antibiotic-taking and bed-hopping. It's usually me that ends up on antibiotics, but this time I sailed on through my little cold with only a bit of ear ooze. No problem! We tried to have pizza for his birthday dinner, but he didn't want any and I decided it was time for climbing practice in the restaurant, so mom and dad cut the dinner short.

The major irritation for me is that last week one of my hearing aids quit working, and we've all found that I still actually like them, even if "they" think I don't need them. I've not been myself, and really it's just that I like having the aids in my ears--they help me process what I hear, and without them sounds just aren't sounds like I like them. I can't explain it, but mom knows what I mean and she's trying to get them fixed. I will have to go for another hearing test, this time a proper one, and that may convince them of what we know.

At any rate, mom sang in a choir concert last Sunday along with a symphony orchestra, and it was great, even without my 'ears'. I liked the part where they played Baby Einstein--mom's telling me it was Beethoven's 5th symphony, you know the one: Bah, bah, bah, buuuuuummm--but to me it sounded like the Giraffe one, as brother calls it. It was great, and every time the music got loud I snapped to attention for a while again. I even tried to conduct with the guy in front, waving my arms in time to the music. Mom said that Beethoven must have had a kid with Autism, since he knew just how long to let the music go soft before turning up the volume again. I think she's a little silly, but I love her.

Brother is well and it's warm for a change, so we're off to the park. Bye for now!
love, Adam x

1 comment:

Siân said...

So sorry hear that Caleb has been sick - hope he's better now...

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!