Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Monday, February 16, 2009

Where mom and I disagree...

You know why I like the Presidents? No school. And snow? No school. That's right...I think it's completely appropriate to have a day off to appreciate those men who run or have run our country, and also that fluffy white stuff that makes my hands cold. But mom doesn't think so, and regularly complains that someone's getting off easy when I stay home for what she calls silly reasons. Too bad, I say.

Except today, when a snow day two weeks ago means that we have to go to school today despite it being hooray for Presidents day. I guess I know who's winning after all.

You guessed it: Mom.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Adam- Just to let you know that Aunty Sian is on your side. She couldn't believe it - when the only day that snowfall led to her school opening late at 10am - she had been up so early with Jemima's early waking that she forgot to check the radio and went in for the usual time. One long lie in opportunity wasted. Jemima had to get to nursery in my backpack as it was too icy for cycling - but that's all over now as rain on Monday melted all the snow away.
Love from us all,

Andy

Siân said...

I was just about to say the same myself!

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!