Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Love Day

Hi all,

Apparently this is a big day for some people, namely Mr. and Mrs. Hallmark and the people who make those little heart shaped candies with letters on them. Good for them, they're everywhere.
Mom says it's a day where you are supposed to express your love for people, so I just want to say I love you. All. There--can I go play now? :)

Actually, there is a funny little twist to all of this. When I came home yesterday from school mom opened my bag because it was suspiciously heavy. She knew that I had thrown my pants down the toilet (don't be alarmed, it was clean), so she expected to find just them in there. When she took out my pants, she found all my "booty", the valentines cards and candy that I got from my friends at school. Wow, talk about amazement. She could not believe all the love--in the form of little cards with Kung Fu Panda and Superman on them--that had come home with me from school. I try to tell her that I have a lot of friends there, and I think now she believes me. For some reason these kids had thought to give me a card, even though I don't really look twice at them (not because I don't love them, see above). It's enough to make you rethink how people feel about someone with disabilities.

So mom says she will cherish my cards forever, brother cherished all my candy clean up, and I cherish all my friends--candy giving and not--for loving little ol' me just as I am. Enough said.
A

1 comment:

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!