Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas break has begun

Hi all,

Well, we are off to a COLD start, with temperatures in the 20's this morning, warming up to a balmy 35 degrees by 2pm. I know, you are surprised that a young man like myself knows the word "balmy". Let's just say I have some wordy parents!

Mom dragged brother and I around Durham today in the buggy, wrapped up but still cold!! We had some errands to run and then had a root beer float at the soda shop on 9th street. It was fun, but not enough chairs and brother was ancy.

Tonight we went to a Christmas party at St John's church here in Durham. It was for all the people who had received presents from other people at other churches. Let me be more clear: it was mostly for people who had no money to buy presents, so were being given things so that their kids might have something to open in 3 days. It was really nice--and really good to do. Brother gave a gift to another young girl who was really happy. We felt good being there, because it made us think about how good it is to be a community together with other people who live near you. Sort of like me being in a classroom with other kids with disabilities--they are the ones who hug me the most, you know? Dad introduced me to a man with Down Syndrome who was there. His name is Luck, and he is 28. He's a bit bigger than me, but I know we are friends.

Oh, and I played piano for the whole group. Lots. Even when I wasn't supposed to--but you know something? They didn't mind.

Blessings to you all--more before Christmas.
Love, Adam.

No comments:

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!