Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Friday, December 19, 2008

What a week!!

Hi folks,

You may be wondering why I've not been writing lately. I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. It was my last week at school for one thing, and I had a lot to do. Mom and Dad have been dragging us to various parties (OK, just one, but it felt like many!). That was a Christmas dinner for the Divinity school at Duke, so I got to pal around with some of Dad's friends. Actually, I laid on the floor when my dinner was finished and made people step over me to get to the cobbler. He he!

Brother and I also lost our "pink car" to the recycling people when mom left it by the side of the street one morning. That was a sad story, until the next morning when Dad, as he was riding to work, came across one almost exactly the same sitting in someone else's rubbish. Perfect! He carried it in his bike basket to our church, and mom drove over as soon as I was off to school to pick it up. We now have two again, good as new. Actually, good as VERY used, but who cares?!

Now, the biggest news of all: I ate SALAD for dinner. Yep, you read right. Mom spooned it on to my plate, and when I couldn't get a piece on my spoon I just picked it up with my hands. It was good, and Mom and Dad were so pleased too. Now Dad says that if I can eat it, so can mom. Whatever that means. Hmmmm...

Today was a really sweet day too, my last day of this year at school. Mom gave Mr. Jerome (my taxi driver) some cookies when he picked me up from school. Then Mom and Brother came to my school to give them some cookies and pick me up early. Then we drove over to Hillandale, my old school, to see all my friends there and give them some cookies (do you see a theme here?). If I was worried that they had forgotten me, I now rest easy. They absolutely bombarded me with hugs and kisses, so much so that mom couldn't even see me for a good 10 minutes!! I had so much fun, laughing and playing and eating ice cream with my friends, it was really nice to reconnect. I even said my name several times so they could enjoy my new voice. I'll put up a picture of our class as soon as I can.

So, now I'm bushed and ready for bed. We played outside for a long time this afternoon since it was 70 degrees. Sorry, that was too good to keep to myself! Hope you all have a nice sleep.

More soon, Love Adam.

No comments:

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!