Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Sunday, June 28, 2009

June update



Hi all.
We are now on the countdown to the end of our year in Durham. In two weeks we will head back to Aberdeen, and I for one will be somewhat glad to escape the 95 degree heat and mosquitoes! Mom's running around like the proverbial chicken, but she's still managing to take brother and me to the river and Roly-pops. I also have a school program for these three weeks that helps me to stay occupied while mom does her errands, so it's working out well.

I finished my kindergarten program in June and Dad and Oma came to the party. It was fun--they took a picture of me with my certificate as you can see. I will miss my friend Hunter. He showed me all kinds of neat stuff like how to lay on my back with my hands behind my head and bang my feet against the wall. Mom loved that one.
The next day I finished my music therapy with Miss Erika, and Dad and Oma came to that too. I had a great time with Miss Erika, and learned to follow directions, play music, and say "stop" and "I want...X" with my signs. I hope to do more music in Aberdeen. Dad says my rhythm is really good, especially when I'm clapping to the Black Keys (Dad plays it LOUD for me in the car. Should I tell him I'm not deaf anymore?)
The reason Dad and Oma went with me is that Mom and Caleb were in California with my other Oma and Opa and my Great-Granny Argabright (GG), and my cousins Micah and Kaitlyn. Mom said GG died while she was there, on June 9. I'm sad that she's gone, but I know she's happier now. Mom and brother had trouble getting back, but they made it with new tickets a day late (thanks Oma and Opa!).
Then, the next day we went to the Farm with the whole Brock/Black/Seneff clan for the week. I really liked being with all my cousins and swimming at the pool lots. Brother and I learned to float using water wings, which was fun. I jumped in from the side and even went under water. All the boys got "Mo-hawks" for fun, and brother and I joined in. We called ours the "Bro-hawks". Mom thought that was funny. I got to ride on the 4-wheeler with dad a lot, and mom even learned how to drive it. We had a great week.
Now, as I said, we're back and getting ready for our big trip. One extra detail is my passport, which mom forgot to renew. So we are going to Washington D.C. this week to get that done. I hope I don't have to miss school for it, but Miss Jen will understand.
That's all for now. See you soon!
Adam xx

1 comment:

Siân said...

Hi Adam

Guess you must be helping with all the packing by now. We're thinking and praying for your whole family right now as we have recent experience of making a big move ourselves. We're still settling in, so don't worry if it takes a few days to adjust back to living in Aberdeen!
Love
U. Andy, A. Sian and Jemima

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!