Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Surgery over, home again!

Hi all,

Well, I thought I would be out of commission today, but you can't keep a good 5 year old down for long!! I had my surgery this morning, and it all went really well. Mom got me up at 6:15 and dad drove us to the hospital. We had all the admission process done and they took me in at 8am. Mom told me that by the time she had drunk an obscene amount of coffee, they were done. In fact, apart from being a bit grumpy when I woke up I'm as good as new. I even went for a "drive" in my car, and am already watching a Baby Einstein for good measure, all within the hour of waking up!!

The eye doctor did a complete exam of my eyes--actually, the drops going in were the worst part of the whole thing. She said my eyes look great, and I don't even need new glasses, that is if I can keep from breaking the pair that I have! Then Dr Hulka, my ENT doctor, cleaned out my ears and put tubes in to let all the fluid drain out. He also took out my adenoids, which he said were very big and needed to come out. In about 5 days I should be completely healed up and hopefully have lots less drainage and "gunk" as mom says.

Mom was surprised at how normal I looked, and how quickly they got me dressed, finished the final paperwork and sent me home. Good thing too, as brother is still at his creche and won't be home to compete for the TV for another two hours! Thanks to Oma for being my chauffeur!

Well, I'm going to rest. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, and hope to see you (and HEAR you!) very soon. Love, Adam

2 comments:

Andy said...

Well done, Adam -fancy getting yourself seen too and making time to play before your brother got home. We're proud of you. I'm sure you'll pass on our love to the rest of the family - we've been remembering you all in our prayers. Let us know how you get on the next few days.

Mary Anna said...

Glad to hear your procedure went well. Mitchell is having his tonsils and adenoids out next week. (We've already had tubes in and had to have one surgically removed because it was lodged in his ear drum. Fun!)

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!