Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My first days...

Hi all,

Mom said to make this quick--it's late and I need to get my beauty sleep (and so, I suspect--does mom!!)

I have now had 1 1/2 days at my new school and it has gone GREAT! Mom and Caleb took me on Tuesday morning, and as soon as I walked in to the hallway I had lots of new friends. Everyone is so friendly, like they were at my old school too. My teachers are young and nice, and they take me to do all sorts of fun stuff all day. When mom came to pick me up on Tuesday afternoon I didn't even want to go home (although I did!). We went to the park, and then Dad came home early and took me for a celebratory bike ride in his new basket--that's right, I said IN his basket--see the picture and be jealous of my fun life! ;)

Today was a short day for a teacher's inservice, but again a good day. I'm learning where to put my bag when I come in, where to sit and what to do. My teacher has made a visual schedule for me that tells me what I'm doing next. I like to wave it around a lot, but I also look at it. My classmates like me, and we are all learning to adjust to each other.

I've been having a little trouble walking today--for some reason that I can't tell mom I'm limping, but she thinks it might be a bruise from walking barefoot over the weekend and will hopefully get better. I think it just means I get to be carried more--lazy boy that I am!! :)

Caleb and I went to work with mom this evening since Dad is away, and boy did I make lots of work for the ladies!! It was fun though, and we danced a bit when we came home to burn off energy. Now I'm off to bed, like I said, and up again early for school. Bye for now!

Love, Adam.

2 comments:

Martyn said...

What a brilliant picture.
Loving the blog -- first check today.

Mary Anna said...

I love that picture! What a special way to document all the moments - mundane and insane! - in Adam's life.

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!