Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Friday, October 17, 2008

My first week (again)!

Hello friends,

I've had four days now at my new school, and it's definitely a good fit for me. I'm very excited every morning to go in, and each day when mom has come to pick me up I'm smiling and happy, dancing all the way to the car--except for this limp, so kind of limp-dancing actually!

Today I was swarmed some of the other kids who are in my hallway...they like me and want to give me hugs when I leave. I really like the hugs, and reach out to touch all the faces I can reach. Of course, I'm the smallest one, so it's hard to reach them sometimes! Mom is starting to learn their names, though she also needs to learn to sign so she can "talk" to the ones who are deaf!

The funny story from today is that my teacher called mom at 2pm to say that they had lost one of my hearing aids. She said that two boys from another class in my hallway had gone to look for it, since they like me and have become my "buddies". They looked for 20 minutes through THE TRASH to find it...now, that's some kind of buddies to have, don't you think?? Well, anyway mom said that I always pull my ears out at the same time, so if the other one was in the class then that's where the lost one would be. Sure enough, my teacher called 10 minutes later to say it was in the toy box! Too bad for my buddies, but mom thanked their teacher and they got some candy for being good helpers so it wasn't all bad!

Let that be a lesson to look for someone's ear the next time you are asked!
Love, Adam

1 comment:

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!