Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Saturday, October 11, 2008

You gotta love Grassroots!


Hi all,

Mom and Dad took brother and I to something called a music festival yesterday, and boy howdy did we all have a good time! It was grassroots, whatever that means: to me it means lots of people in funny clothes, sitting around on grass listening to lots of different bands play music. As you can imagine, it was my kind of place!

We heard some good bands, one called Paleface and another Indian band I can't pronounce--I liked that one so much dad took me up on stage to dance with them (bottom picture). Another real lively one was called the Holy Ghost Tent Revival--at that concert we did lots of dancing, brother and Dad and I (top picture). It was fun being able to dance whenever I wanted to, and mom never had to tell me to be quiet! Then we ate some good food and drove home. Brother fell asleep on the way home, but he still went to bed because he's sick right now. His voice is all hoarse--he sounds real funny now when he yells at me if I take his blankie!

Of course, it wouldn't be a complete post if I didn't tell you about a doctor appointment, like the 8am one we had with the ENT before the music thing! Mom took me--I think it was hard for her to get up and to get ME up, but we got there on time. Except when we got there they told mom the appointment had been cancelled somehow, so we had to wait a while. I was pretty good, but mom was cross.

When we finally saw the doctor he said my ear was better but still lots of fluid, so he sent me to the hearing test lady. She put a funny thing on my head to put the sound through my bone and show if there is any nerve damage or only a conductive hearing loss. It doesn't look like nerves, she said, which means it's probably mostly fluid in my ears that makes hearing harder.

So the doctor said we might think about doing the "Big procedure": putting me to sleep, getting my ears cleaned out and maybe tubes put in, doing the sleep hearing test (ABR for those of you who know things like that), checking my eyes and maybe even taking out my tonsils. Whew, all at one go--good thing I'll be asleep! Mom and Dad are not sure about the tonsils bit, but all the rest sounds like it will happen. If you have any advice for them, I'm sure they would want to hear it. I think I'll only be in for a day--maybe a grandma will come to help?? :)

Mom had to make a few other appointments for me--looks like the docs are not through with me yet!

That's all for now, love Adam.

1 comment:

Andy said...

great to see you guys dancing - looks marginally more fun that the Aberdeen PT seminar - but we did our best today. Your friend Jemima has been sick for over a week now and has a fever most of the time at the moment - but apparently there's nothing to do but sit it out. That's why Auntie Sian has gone to bed straight after Jemima - just like Caleb - you need your sleep when you're poorly. Keep up the posts - it's good to hear your news,
Andy and the girls

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!