Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Another weekend





Well, for a family that has just moved we sure do keep moving!! This weekend we had lots of fun, I'll tell you the highlights since I have to go to bed and get my beauty rest for tomorrow (starting kindergarten, yea!!)

Saturday morning we hung out with our neighbours across the street for a bit, Michael and Anne and their kids Lars and Siri (5 and 3). They are very nice--Lars and Siri like to ride cars/bikes/scooters/tricycles like Caleb and I do, and they have a great backyard. Michael stays home and Anne works, but we all had a "street pow-wow" for a little while. Then mom took us to a country orchard to pick blueberries. I'll try to put a picture up so you can see all four pounds of our berries. Mom and Dad picked them, Caleb helped to eat them, and I just spent the time throwing a tin container into one of the trees! It made a great sound, much better than doing any actual work! When we got home my teacher called to make final arrangements for Monday. That made mom feel better...I think I'm really going to like this new school, but I'll tell you more after I go there a few days!

That afternoon we went to a BBQ party at the house of a mom who my mom met at the park. Her husband just passed his viva, so he was pretty happy, and there were lots of people and kids there. This couple has twin boys about the same age as my brother, so I can tell you there was a lot of action (including fists flying!), not to mention me trying to knock the iced tea jugs off the table every five minutes. I think Dad was not too sad to leave that party!

This morning we went to Trinity United Methodist Church where Amy Laura Hall and her family go. I really liked the nursery--a woman named Kathy Russell runs it, and she knows just how to handle kids like me because she is a special needs teacher. I realised pretty quick I couldn't get one over on her, so we got along fine. A woman named Olive preached, I think mom and dad liked her a lot.
This afternoon we went to the new Divinity students' BBQ and met some more people, this time people Dad will be working with. It was great fun, since brother and I got to play on a fantastic playground the whole time and it didn't rain. Mom and Dad said the BBQ was pretty good, though I don't remember much except the pudding at the end. Mom thinks she might have found a babysitter too--good thing we went, I say!
Well, goodnight (to my Aberdeen friends, good morning!!) More soon,
Love, Adam

2 comments:

Andy said...

Jemima asked me to let you know that she was amazed to see so many blueberries in one big bowl - let alone being able to pick them! Aunty Sian and Jemima went swimming yesterday and I was allowed in to watch them (despite not being a member) - J spent the whole time jumping in from the side of the pool - just like the photo of you and your dad. She also likes going underwater for a thrill. We're glad you're having lovely sunshine - we had a sunny weekend too, but cold season seems to be kicking in - we're stocking up on tissues again to deal with runny noses. Great to hear about your new friends.
Love to all the family
Andy, Sian and Jemima

Siân said...

I was just about to leave a comment, but it seems it's already been done!! Great Blueberries! and Great photos too.
Sian.

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!