Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Having fun with friends at last



Hi all,

Today was a nice day, warm but not hot like it has been, and a little cloudy. I like these days--mom doesn't make us wear sun cream like when the sun is out!

We went to the Oval park in the morning and had a nice time. Mom has met a woman named Sarah there who has twin boys the same age as Caleb. That's enough two year olds for me, so I stay well away, mostly on the swings which I LOVE! I did try the slide and kind of kicked at a little girl there. Mom got cross and I didn't understand why...I was just saying hi! But she made up with me later and pushed me on the swings again, so I think it's OK.

In the afternoon we went to the Eno River state park, where we went with Dad last weekend. It was great, and pretty quiet. I did push my brother down some steps, so I got in trouble again, but overall we had a nice time. This time I did understand, but I still don't like to get in trouble!

Mom took a picture of my brother and I fighting over the juice cup. I think actually he was fighting and I was having a grand time of it!! I'll try to include the picture in this blog.

When we got home, mom got a call from a very nice man who wants to be my doctor. He was recommended to us by some people at the church we went to last weekend (Blacknall Presbyterian), and likes to work with kids like me who have Autism. He said we will have to drive 20 minutes to see him, but mom said his reputation is enough to drive for. So I will meet him next week I guess to do my kindergarten health assessment. Maybe he'll have lollipops for Caleb (or, as he calls them: rollipops)

This evening we went to dinner with some people who are involved in something called New Monasticism. Their names are Jonathan and Leah Wilson-Hartgrove, and they were very nice. There was some good food, and lots of really nice people there. I had lots of fun playing with a girl named Sarah who threw the basketball to me. We are starting to meet people here, and I can tell that makes mom happy. She took lots of pictures again, I'll try to include the best one here too.

Love, Adam.

1 comment:

Siân said...

Great to see some photos!
Sian.

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!