Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Well, this is it: we're officially ON OUR OWN in Durham now. Papa Texas left yesterday, and mom and dad and my brother and I have had a little fun exploring our new home since then.

Yesterday we went to the faculty pool with my dad's colleague Amy Laura and her daughter. There isn't a shallow end at this pool, so my brother and I jumped to mom and dad the whole time. It was a good time, even though my mom got a little cross when I jumped on the back of her head one time when she wasn't looking! We stayed there till dinner, and got food from the store to take home and eat. I was hungry!!

Today we checked out the new park that just opened by our house. It's great, has lots of swings and lots of people. I took a man's hat and tried it on, but decided to take it back to him, it was too big! Then after naps we went to a place called Few's ford in the Eno river state park. It was great--lots of rocks and a shallow creek to walk around in. I saw fish and dragonflies and even a snake! Don't worry, my mom said it wasn't the kind that eats little boys!

Well, that's all for now. I'll check in when there's more to tell.
Love, Adam

1 comment:

Siân said...

Sounds like a great day Adam! We miss you lots...

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!