Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The fourth weekend since our move...

Hi everyone! I haven't written in a few days, so I thought I'd catch you up on all the weekend's activities. Let's see what I remember...

Friday afternoon we went to meet dad at the pool and go swimming. Sadly, we had just gotten changed and were heading in when the first thunder rolled--that's a 30 minute ban from the pool, and I was very disappointed! My mom and dad thought we should just go rather than wait, so we went to the mall to play around in the fountains instead. We ended up going inside and "killing time" (as they say) and then getting some food and going home. It was nice.

Saturday morning we went to the pool straightaway and had the swim we missed on Friday. It's the faculty pool, so we get in free with dad's ID card. I enjoyed the swim, even though I pooped through three sets of swim pants so mom had to go to the store and get more halfway through. Oops! No thunder this time, just blue sky and 80 degrees (sorry Aberdeen friends!)

In the afternoon we went to the park nearby and had fun playing. Caleb and mom kicked the ball around, while dad and I stayed mostly on the swings (surprise, surprise!) We were pretty sweaty when we got home, I was glad for bathtime! I forgot to say that the bathtub here is full size, so brother and I can take baths together and have enough room to breathe (anyone who has seen our bathtub in Aberdeen will fully appreciate this fact!)

Today we went to the same church as last week, and it went very well if I do say so myself. No problems, except that I tried to knock the garbage can over a few times (he he!) I like to keep them on their toes, and they didn't seem to mind. The pastor made a joke about being one of only three evangelical Presbyterian ministers in the state at the last conference, which I don't get but everyone else thought it was real funny.

This afternoon we drove to another park and played again. Not much more to say--you get the picture already! I'll write more soon--I think mom and I are going back to my school again this week, so I'll tell you how that goes.

Love, Adam.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Hi Adam (and Caleb, Mom and Dad)

We're glad that the swimming worked out. And that you are enjoying the swings so much. Your friend Jemima has taken to swinging herself from the ladder rungs of the big kids climbing frame which she thinks is hilarious. They haven't trodden on her yet. Aunty Sian was back in school today so Jemima and I got to hang out together on our own for the first time in ages. It was great fun - and we both behaved really well. Only sorry I had to write stuff for your Dad to read rather than nap when she did!
He can tell you how much he enjoys the reading when he gets it - Aunty Sian's enduring it at the moment.
Well, love from us, you Aberdeen friends,

U. Andy, A. Sian and Jemima

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!