Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What NOT to do

Hi again, I'm back. I told you before that I have Down Syndrome...that really just means that I'm a little slow to develop and need extra help to learn. It also means that my immune system is a little different, a little less strong, than other people's.

Well, my mom and I learned something this week about that whole immune system thing...we learned that if you have a hangnail on your big toe, or like me if you had one on each big toe, you don't EVER pull it off. Because my mom did and my toes got infected! I'll spare you the details, but it wasn't nice, and after a few days mom decided to take me to see the doctor. We had to go to something called an Urgent Care since we don't have a regular doctor yet. Oh, and because we still don't have something called insurance we had to pay for it ourselves. At least mom paid for it, and I got the sticker. I gave the tattoos to my brother. Mom says I have "hundred dollar toes" now. Wonder what she means by that??

Now I have to take antibiotics for two weeks and take salt baths for a while. My brother has to take them too since we share baths, but he doesn't seem to mind. Apparently it's good for you! It must be, because my toes are getting better already.

Anyway, we're getting to know our new home now, and mom got me all registered for school today. I'm officially a "kindergartener" now, and will go meet my teachers next week sometime. I even get to go on the bus to and from school--that makes me happy!

Well, that's all for now. We'll probably walk to the nice park nearby this afternoon. My dad is at work getting "sorted out", whatever that means, but my grandpa Texas is here so it's still fun. I like him, he claps for me and lets me play my music early in the morning.

I'll see you soon! Love, Adam.

2 comments:

Diana Duke said...

Really, if you were going to have hundred dollar body parts, you could have picked something a little more appealing than toes, couldn't you? On the other hand, they're all priceless parts anyway. Glad the toes are on the mend!

Andy said...

Hope your park is a little dryer than mine was this morning. Still I flew down the slide with my all in one waterproof on!
Jemima

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!