Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Monday, August 11, 2008

Sunday was a bright day yesterday...

We had a nice day yesterday, though it started out with a bang! We were all eating breakfast when a big thunderstorm moved in and it rained lots. We sat out on the porch and watched it for a while, then we ate breakfast and got ready for church. By the time we left it had stopped.

We visited our first church in Durham, called Blacknall Presbyterian. It was pretty nice, at least the children's area was since I didn't see much of the rest of it! I liked the people who took care of my brother and I, and the other kids who were there. They sang to me and helped me when brother hit me on the head with a plane. OK, it was an accident, but I did feel better when they sent mom in!

Mom and Dad said the service was nice, and they met quite a few new people. They think we'll probably go there again, and I guess that means me and Caleb too. In the afternoon we met more new people, a man and woman named Alan and Michelle, who were pretty cool. It was their son Mikael who I really liked--he let me tap his face and didn't get mad at me!! We went to their pool club to swim, and it had a big slide too. It would have been great except mom forgot the swim nappies (pants) and I had to wear my diaper. Mom said it held out for two or three gallons then busted all the insides out by the side of the pool, and that was that.

Afterwards we went to their house and had pizza which I really enjoyed. I know mom and dad had a good time because they talked lots to the other grownups and not much to us!!

Today was a park in the morning and another in the afternoon. It's a rough life, I can tell ya! The weather was a bit cooler, only upper 80's mom said, which was nice for a change. I do need to remember that the ground gets really hot in the afternoon, though, and when I go barefoot I can get myself in all sorts of trouble!

That's all for now...more soon.
Love, Adam

No comments:

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!