Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Life and Science

Hi everyone!

We had another rain storm today, this time it was pretty light but lasted all day. I liked playing outside with brother and mom in the morning...brother and I didn't have much clothes on but that didn't bother us! Nobody else was around, it was a pretty quiet morning altogether.

In the afternoon mom took Caleb and I to the Museum of Life and Science, which is only a short car drive away. Mom said it was also free because they don't charge local residents on Wednesday afternoons, so she was happy (it's pretty expensive normally). I liked it a lot, mostly because they had a big, big room with space to dance, and each time you moved it made some music. I made lots of my own music, and my brother ran around the room--mom said he was "a wild man". I think I agree!

The museum also had tons of other things like a play area for kids, a nature room with lots of local wildlife (I didn't care much for that but Caleb liked the alligators!), and a huge backyard with more animals, water play equipment, things to climb on and even a train. Mom said that we'll have to come back (next Wednesday afternoon!) to see more since I kept them moving so much. Maybe it won't be raining then and she won't be so grumpy!

I met a few nice people there, of course by patting them on the backside as I walked past...the people here are so friendly that they chat with you even if you've just hit them!! Mom liked that two of them had children with Autism, and she talked to them about what kinds of things there are here for kids like me. I don't know all of what she found out, but there appears to be something called the Arc of Durham which helps people like mom and dad get a few minutes to themselves once in a while, and also helps people with special needs in general. Guess we'll be looking into that soon...

Well, mom and dad are going to watch the Olympics, and I'm going to bed. More soon, love Adam.

1 comment:

meg said...

This thing is great! Just reading about your crazy days makes me miss you all sooooo much. Big hugs and kisses to you all, meg XXXX

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!