Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I scared the school!

We had a fun day today. This morning my mom and dad and Caleb and I went to visit the school where I'll be going to kindergarten on August 25th. Mom had to fill out paperwork, so I took dad on a whirlwind tour of the school by ourselves. I had to see every nook and cranny and prefer to do things fast, but I might have been a bit fast for dad because he was pretty cranky after a while!

I met the facilitator who helps kids get settled in school while I was racing out the door and down the street in front of the school (dad in tow). She carried me in and listened while my dad told her a little more about me. I think we scared her (he he!!) since her eyes were as wide as biscuits! She doesn't know that today I was a little wound up and excited by my new surroundings, and normally I'm a calm boy who does well in the routine. But mom says it might make them give me a one-to-one person who will help me at school. That would be nice, except it won't be Gemma, my last one-to-one, and she was great. I miss Gemma!!

So the nice facilitator lady said that they have to evaluate me and see if I fit into their "eligibility criteria" for the developmental needs classroom. That's where mom said I'll be, with 10 or so other kids who have this "eligibility criteria". That seems to mean they figure out how I'm not like othe kids and call it developmentally delayed or intellectually deficit...Whew!! Those are big words for me, I think I'll leave it to them. They'll decide based on the evaluation and the big word they give me what kind of therapies they will include in my weekly routine. Sounds good--I just hope they include some music, as that really calms me down and makes me happy!

This afternoon we went to the store with mom and then to the park. I guess I better do all that now as much as I can, since mom said I'll be coming home from school at 3:30 during the year, yikes!

That's all for now---more soon...love, Adam.

No comments:

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!