Adam Brock

Adam Brock
Adam in full swing

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Blistering!

Heat, that is. Today it was about 300 degrees, or at least it felt like it! Mom said it was only 92, but I sure did think it was hot. Dad took the day off so I'll tell you about the fun we had.

First we had pancakes. I do like pancakes, especially with bananas in them. Mom puts bites on the fork and I even feed myself. Then, my brother announced he wanted to take a nap at 9:15 (which he did!) and DAD announced HE wanted to take a nap at 9:30 (which HE did!), so Mom took me to my new school to hand in the rest of my paperwork and meet my teacher.

We found my teacher and my classroom, and had a little meeting with my teacher and her assistant and the school nurse too. Boy, did I impress them!! I tore the classroom up right nice, all within the first two minutes of being there. I must say mom held her composure well, and the teachers didn't even seem to be cross when I knocked the supply caddy off the table and scattered pens, pencils, markers, scissors and erasers everywhere! I did manage to pick some of them up, and said thank you and clapped for myself each time I put something on the table. They gave me a sticker for that. I think we will have a good year if they can appreciate my good points! I do like my teacher--she seems to understand kids and has a very gentle way with me.

The teachers asked a lot of questions about me, and then we went to meet the special needs resource teachers. They were nice, and let me draw on their papers with the orange marker. I think I will like this school, and that's a good thing since it turns out I DO start on Monday after all, 8:45am-3:30pm. I'll get picked up by the Exceptional Children bus in the morning and dropped off at home again after school. My school isn't far, but mom is still pleased not to have to drive twice a day. I'm just pleased to be riding a BUS now like a big boy!

This afternoon we took Dad back to the museum and showed him our favourite parts: the dance floor, the wild animals (We saw the rattlesnake and copperheads this time, mom said she'll know what to look for now when we go to the River!), and the petting zoo. We also saw the bears and the butterfly house, though I did seem to snooze through most of the butterflies (I tell you, it was hot today!) Afterward we went to Burger King and had some food.

Now I'm going to bed, since my brother will get me up early to play. Goodnight!

1 comment:

This is my brother

This is my brother
Caleb unplugged!